The deluxe CMB16D-QC DC controller is a 16 channel board that can operate independently, operate as the director unit in a multi-controller network or as an add-on unit of a larger synchronized network of controllers. Each of the 16 independent channels has a number of special effects such as dimming, ramping, twinkle and shimmer.
This board controls Direct Current (DC) loads. It has two 20 Amp DC inputs (one for each bank of eight channels) and can handle voltages up to 60VDC. In the case the supply voltage is below 12 volts, an auxiliary input is used to power the on-board electronics.
Recommended for standalone and Light-O-Rama network operation. The controller requires an external power supply for your DC connected devices.
]What can you control with a CMB16D-QC? This controller is an excellent choice for basic LED spotlights, low voltage outdoor displays or any requirement for simple low voltage DC work. This controller has been used in animated signs, robots and pinball machines. Let the imagination be your only limitation
CMB16D-QC DC voltage controller
- 40 amp DC controller with 16 independent high-power channels
- Effects include on, off, fade, intensity, twinkle and shimmer
- Two logic level digital inputs
- Storage for an internal standalone sequence (approx 5,000 commands)
- Can direct itself and a network of Light-O-Rama controllers
- Can be directed by a ShowTime Director, another controller or by the ShowTime Sequencing Suite
- Can monitor an input to start the internal standalone sequence
- Over 200 controllers in a single data network
- 100 intensity levels for dimming
- 256 levels for smooth fading with durations from 0.1 to 25 seconds
- Each 8-channel bank can handle a different DC voltage between 5 and 60 V
- Unit address switches
- On-board power tap for accessories (e.g. ShowTime Director or our Easy Light Linkers)
- Does not include enclosure or power supplies
Already have a communications infrastructure using DMX-512 typically used in the entertainment industry? We’ve got you covered. Light-O-Rama light controllers are smart enough to analyze the type of data network they are connected to and adapt to DMX-512 if needed. Depending on the unique network assigned to your Light-O-Rama controller, it will occupy that DMX-512 address plus the next 15 (for a 16 channel controller.) The control channels (depending on the controller) must be in the same DMX-512 universe.
What do you need to get your DC controller to work under your command? If you’re the creative type our ShowTime Sequencing Suite provides all the tools needed to create your own incredible show.
1. The Light-O-Rama ShowTime Sequencing Suite works on your personal computer running Microsoft Windows and allows you to design your own shows. The ShowTime Sequencing Suite then runs your shows and sends the right commands at the right time to the various control channels. The ShowTime Sequencing Suite can even keep music synchronized to the controller commands.
2. Speakers to play the music accompanying your show are attached to the computer sound card.
3. Your personal computer communicates to the controllers using a device plugged into your computer’s serial or USB communications port. The blue line shows the standard serial output of your computer (RS-232 or USB) out of your PC where it enters our converter that transforms the signal to the native Light-O-Rama network protocol (the green line) that connects to our various types of controllers over standard computer network wire. We recommend Cat 5 LAN cables available from us and off-the-shelf from your local big box store in the computer section.
4. The Light-O-Rama professional or residential high voltage AC light controllers include special effects such as simple on/off, intensities, smooth fading, twinkling, shimmering. Over 200 controllers can be daisy chained, mixed and matched on one LOR network giving you the ability to command thousands of channels. Need more channels? Add another Light-O-Rama network.
5. Electrical power is supplied to the controller placed close to your lights so you don’t need to run long extension cords. Commands from the Software Sequencing Suite Suite are performed on each controller. Power to each of the attached lighting circuits is controlled independently. Think of having many dimmer switches that the computer can change very quickly and independently.
6. Light-O-Rama CMB16D-QC DC controller. Over 200 controllers can be daisy chained, mixed and matched on one LOR network giving you the ability to command thousands of channels. Need more channels? Add another Light-O-Rama network.
7. Connection from CMB16D-QC controller to low voltage motors or low voltage lights.
8. Low voltage power supply for components connected to CMB16D-QC DC controller.