What can you do with Light-O-Rama residential high voltage AC light controllers? We’ll let one of of our customers show you:
Take full control of your show. With Light-O-Rama technology you can put together just the right pieces to automate your lights, special effects, music and video.
Light-O-Rama Showtime residential high voltage AC light controllers can make lights do amazing tricks. Think of the light dimmer switch as you enter a room and how it controls one electrical circuit. Multiply that circuit by four, eight or 16 and imagine the lighting possibilities. Now put all those dimmers in a box and use a computer to control everything. Each circuit can blink, twinkle, ramp up/down or take on just about any effect you desire. Go to the next level and start linking more controllers together in a Light-O-Rama data network and imagine the possibilities of everything being synchronized. When you’re ready to really dazzle your audience, add music and/or video and your lights will dance creating an unforgettable show.
Residential Ready-To-Go high voltage AC light controllers
Light-O-Rama manufactures the residential series of high voltage AC light controllers geared for lighter duty applications such as home use or environments not needing commercial grade equipment. Available in four, eight and 16 channel configurations, each residential high voltage AC light controllers unit is encased in a PVC enclosure designed for long life. When mounted correctly, the controller will provide a weatherproof environment to keep the control circuitry functioning in almost any typical outdoor condition. We do suggest common sense usage and keeping the cable access holes pointing down so the entire enclosure can shed the rain. We also recommend the pigtail power outlets be at least one foot off the ground. Keep the unit away from heavy splashing water and forced water flows such as from irrigation sprinklers. Worried about electrical capacity? Each residential high voltage lighting channel circuit can handle up to eight (8) amps of AC power. The entire controller unit can switch a maximum of 15 to 30 amps depending on the configuration. Residential high voltage AC light controllers plug directly into wall plugs and we recommend these be dedicate power circuits for power hungry applications. Our 30 amp units require two independent 15 amp power feeds. Each light channel has a number of special effects such as dimming, ramping, twinkle and shimmer.
Multiple residential high voltage AC light controllers can be connected to the same Light-O-Rama data network. See some examples of a typical network layout. Each controller has a unique location code set by your personal computer so it knows when to respond to commands. More than 200 controllers can function on the same Light-O-Rama data network giving you the ability to independently command thousands of channels. If you need more, add another data network or give us a call.
What else can you do with residential Ready-To-Go high voltage AC light controllers? By attaching one of our ShowTime Directors to the Light-O-Rama data network or one of our other controllers that can work in a stand-alone mode, you can have a stand-alone system of synchronized lights. Versatility is the key and we strive to provide you with everything needed to create a great computerized show.
- Unit IDs: Up to 240 controllers in a single Light-O-Rama data network
- Fading: 1024 levels used for smooth fading effects.Fades from 0.1 to 25 seconds
- Dimming: 100 levels (0%…100%), custom curves for LEDs for smooth dimming
- Built-in Effects: ramp, fade, intensity, twinkle, shimmer
- Presets: High-burn and low-burn settings
What do you need to get your residential high voltage AC light controllers to flash your lights to music? If you’re the creative type our ShowTime Sequencing Suite provides all the tools needed to create your own incredible show. If you don’t have the time or inclination to create your own shows, we have plenty of off-the-shelf songs already sequenced to lights in our sequence store.
What’s the difference between residential controllers?
|Number of fully independent electrical channels||16||4||4|
|PVC (plastic) enclosure|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Operate stand-alone if required|
|Can run commands from ShowTime Director or computer (via one of our adapters) when connected to Light-O-Rama data network|
|Amperage rating design
|30 amps||15 amps||15 amps|
|Use in 3 phase electrical environments||no||no||no|
|Unit ID address setting||Set via computer||via on-board DIP switches||via on-board DIP switches|
|Dedicated On/Off switch inside enclosure||no||no||no|
|Easy access fuses inside enclosure||on circuit board||on circuit board||on circuit board|
|All standard Light-O-Rama lighting effects|
|Can operate with almost any other Light-O-Rama controller on same LOR data network|
Easy Light Linker
|120VAC or 240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz operation|
|Dimensions (without electrical pigtails)||9.5″w 12.0″h x 3.5″d||8.0″w 9.5″h x 4.0″d||8.0″w 9.5″h x 4.0″d|
|Weight (approximate)||6 pounds||4 pounds||4 pounds|
|Can understand the
How many lights can a high voltage AC controller handle?
The number of lights you can control depends on the primary voltage available, the types of lights you have and how much current the lights consume. Rap the button below for more details.
Connecting everything together
Having trouble understanding how your computer will control the rest of the world using Light-O-Rama products? It’s not that hard to understand once you master the basics. Here’s an example of controlling your outdoor Christmas lights.
1. The Light-O-Rama ShowTime Sequencing Suite works on your personal computer running Microsoft Windows and allows you to design your own shows. The ShowTime Sequencing Suite then runs your shows and sends the right commands at the right time to the various control channels. The ShowTime Sequencing Suite can even keep music and video synchronized to the controller commands.
2. Speakers to play the music accompanying your show are attached to the computer sound card.
3. Your personal computer communicates to the Light-O-Rama controllers using a device plugged into the computer’s serial or USB communications port. The blue line shows the standard serial output of the computer (RS-232 or USB) connected to our adapter that transforms the signal to the native Light-O-Rama network protocol (the green line) that then connects to our various types of controllers over standard computer network wire. We recommend Cat 5 LAN cables available from us and off-the-shelf from your local big box store in the computer section.
4. The Light-O-Rama professional or residential high voltage AC light controllers include special effects such as simple on/off, intensities, smooth fading, twinkling, shimmering. Over 200 controllers can be daisy chained, mixed and matched on one LOR network giving you the ability to command thousands of channels. Need more channels? Add another Light-O-Rama network.
5. Electrical power is supplied to the controller placed close to your lights so you don’t need to run long extension cords. Commands from the ShowTime Sequencing Suite are performed on each controller. Power to each of the attached lighting circuits is controlled independently.