What can you do with Light-O-Rama professional high voltage AC light controllers? We’ll let one of our customers show you:
Light-O-Rama Showtime professional high voltage AC light controllers can make lights do amazing tricks. Think of the light dimmer switch as you enter a room and how it controls one electrical circuit. Multiply that circuit by four, eight or 16 and imagine the lighting possibilities. Now put all those dimmers in a box and use a computer to control everything. Each circuit can blink, twinkle, ramp up/down or take on just about any effect you desire. Go to the next level and start linking more controllers together in a Light-O-Rama data network and imagine the possibilities of everything being synchronized. When you’re ready to really dazzle your audience, add music and/or video and your lights will dance creating an unforgettable show.
What makes a professional high voltage AC controller better than the residential version? Time is money and our professional controllers are designed for easy maintenance and rugged durability. Each controller is surrounded by a heavy duty steel enclosure, has UL-508 electrical certification and can be easily reconfigured while out in the field.
Professional or Residential? Professional high voltage AC controller units are UL-508 certified, work in 3 phase electrical environments, can easily be configured in the field and have a two year warranty. Residential high voltage AC controllers are designed for lighter use and have a shorter warranty. You can mix/match professional and residential controllers on the same Light-O-Rama data network.
What kind of lights work with professional high voltage AC light controllers? These professional controllers are designed for 110-240VAC environments typically meaning if you can plug the lights into a wall socket you can plug them into our controller. Most incandescent and LED based lights will work fine. Make sure the lights are rated to fade or dim in order to take advantage of all of our capabilities. We do not recommend using non-dimmable lights.
Professional high voltage AC light controllers
What makes these Light-O-Rama professional grade high voltage AC light controllers special? They’re designed for the tough demands of the pros. When you’re in the field and need a rock solid product that’s easy to configure under demanding conditions, we have you covered.
Worried about electrical capacity? Each ShowTime professional grade high voltage lighting channel circuit can handle eight (8) amps of AC power. The entire controller can handle a maximum of 15 to 30 amps depending on the configuration. ShowTime professional high voltage AC light controllers plug directly into standard wall outlets and we recommend these be dedicated power circuits for large applications. The LOR800 series requires one 15 amp power feed. The LOR160x series requires one or two independent 15-20 amp power feeds (internal fuses limit the load to 15 amps per feed).
Worried about the electrical inspector or the fire marshal? Don’t be. Our professional grade high voltage AC light controllers are UL508 certified. Why is being certified so important? It’s all about safety. We’ve invested the extra time and effort to make sure our circuit design and production facilities meet the high expectation of Underwriters Laboratories and they have taken the time to certify this product to live up to their standards.
Each Light-O-Rama professional grade high voltage AC light controllers can function independently, operate as the director unit in a multi-controller network or as an add-on unit of a larger network of controllers. Each of the 8-16 independent channels have a number of special effects such as dimming, ramping, twinkle and shimmer.
Multiple ShowTime professional high voltage AC light controllers can be connected to the same Light-O-Rama data network. See some examples below of a typical network layout. Each controller has a unique location code (we call it the Unit ID) so it knows when to respond to commands from the computer. Over 200 controllers can function on the same Light-O-Rama data network giving you the ability to independently command thousands of channels. If you need more, add another data network or give us a call.
Our professional controllers are heavy duty
Each ShowTime professional high voltage AC light controllers is encased in a metal enclosure designed for durability. When mounted correctly, the controller will provide a weather-resistant environment to keep the control circuitry functioning in almost any typical outdoor condition. We do suggest common sense usage and keeping the cable access holes pointing down so the entire enclosure can shed the rain. We also recommend the pigtail power outlets be at least one foot off the ground. Keep the unit away from heavy splashing water and forced water flows such as from irrigation sprinklers.
- Input: controller can monitor an input to start a sequence
- Unit IDs: Over 200 controllers in a single Light-O-Rama data network
- Fading: 1024 levels used for smooth fading effects. Fades from 0.1 to 25 seconds
- Dimming: 100 levels (0%…100%), custom curves for LEDs for smooth dimming
- Built-in Effects: ramp, fade, intensity, twinkle, shimmer
- Sequences: 5,000 command internal flash memory sequence storage for stand-alone use if needed
- Presets: High-burn and low-burn settings
- 3 Phase Use: can be used in 3 phase electrical environments
Already have a communications infrastructure using DMX-512 typically used in the entertainment industry? We’ve got you covered. Light-O-Rama light controllers are smart enough to analyze the type of data network they are connected to and adapt to DMX-512 if needed. Depending on the unique network assigned to your Light-O-Rama controller, it will occupy that DMX-512 address plus the next 15 (for a 16 channel controller.) The control channels (depending on the controller) must be in the same DMX-512 universe.
What do you need to get your ShowTime professional high voltage AC light controllers to flash your lights to music? If you’re the creative type our ShowTime Sequencing Suite provides all the tools needed to create your own incredible show. If you don’t have the time or inclination to create your own shows, we have plenty of off-the-shelf songs already sequenced to lights in our sequence store.
What’s the difference between professional controllers?
|Number of fully independent electrical channels||16||8|
|PVC (plastic) enclosure|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years|
|Operate stand-alone if required|
|Can run commands from ShowTime Director or computer (via one of our adapters) when connected to Light-O-Rama data network|
|Amperage rating design
|LOR1600: 15 amps
LOR1602: 30 amps
|Use in 3 phase electrical environments|
|Unit ID address setting||Set on controller||Set on controller|
|Dedicated On/Off switch inside enclosure|
|Easy access fuses inside enclosure|
|All standard Light-O-Rama lighting effects|
|Can operate with almost any other Light-O-Rama controller on same LOR data network|
Easy Light Linker
|Preferred by||Professionals, commercial installations and live performance venues||Professionals, commercial installations and live performance venues|
|120VAC or 240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz operation|
|Dimensions (without electrical pigtails)||10.5″w 11.5″h x 5.0″d||10.5″w 11.5″h x 5.0″d|
|Weight (approximate)||22 pounds||15 pounds|
|Can understand the
How many lights can a high voltage AC controller handle?
The number of lights you can control depends on the primary voltage available, the types of lights you have and how much current the lights consume. Rap the button below for more details.
Connecting everything together
Having trouble understanding how your computer will control the rest of the world using Light-O-Rama products? It’s not that hard to understand once you master the basics. Here’s an example of controlling your outdoor Christmas lights.
1. The Light-O-Rama ShowTime Sequencing Suite works on your personal computer running Microsoft Windows and allows you to design your own shows. The ShowTime Sequencing Suite then runs your shows and sends the right commands at the right time to the various control channels. The ShowTime Sequencing Suite can even keep music and video synchronized to the controller commands.
2. Speakers to play the music accompanying your show are attached to the computer sound card.
3. Your personal computer communicates to the Light-O-Rama controllers using a device plugged into the computer’s serial or USB communications port. The blue line shows the standard serial output of the computer (RS-232 or USB) connected to our adapter that transforms the signal to the native Light-O-Rama network protocol (the green line) that then connects to our various types of controllers over standard computer network wire. We recommend Cat 5 LAN cables available from us and off-the-shelf from your local big box store in the computer section.
4. The Light-O-Rama professional or residential high voltage AC light controllers include special effects such as simple on/off, intensities, smooth fading, twinkling, shimmering. Over 200 controllers can be daisy chained, mixed and matched on one LOR network giving you the ability to command thousands of channels. Need more channels? Add another Light-O-Rama network.
5. Electrical power is supplied to the controller placed close to your lights so you don’t need to run long extension cords. Commands from the ShowTime Sequencing Suite are performed on each controller. Power to each of the attached lighting circuits is controlled independently.